The purpose of SAT-7 is to provide Christian content through satellite television services and digital and social media to support the work and witness of the church in the Middle East and North Africa.
Reporting to the Executive Director for Arabic Channels, the Audience Relations (AR) Manager is responsible for the management and co-ordination of all Arabic language audience contacts, ensuring discreet, sensitive and theologically sound responses are available to viewers. The AR Manager has staff supervision responsibilities for all AR staff members of the Arabic channels SAT-7 ARABIC and SAT-7 KIDS with affiliated digital and social media platforms.
- Plan all SAT-7’s audience relations (AR) activities in Arabic and set a budget for the department with teams in Egypt and Lebanon
- Having the responsibility for AR teams in Cairo and Beirut for SAT-7 ARABIC and SAT-7 KIDS
- Work closely with the Executive Director of Arabic Channels and with the production houses developing ideas for improving the approach to viewers’ and users’ needs in order to respond in a creative and interactive way
- Develop the audience presence on screen integrating feedback from viewers and users into the television programs and the content on digital platforms
- Working closely with the Digital Director and the digital production teams ensuring follow-up and assisting the viewers’ and users’ needs
- Contribute to the development of SAT-7’s digital and social media strategy based on user comments – cooperating closely with the digital director
- Developing and updating AR features on SAT-7 ARABIC and SAT-7 KIDS websites and other digital audience feedback platforms
- Ensuring appropriate and new technologies are adopted to increase accessibility, working closely with the Broadcast & IT department in Cyprus
- Develop systems to monitor responses, maintain efficient record and preparation of statistics and monthly reports in coordination with Broadcast & IT in Cyprus
- Working closely with Communications and Development team to coordinate feedback and reports for partners and donors
- Ensuring AR functions always comply with the SAT-7 programming policy and ethos
- Takes on additional responsibilities and projects as assigned by the Executive Director for Arabic Channels
Qualifications and requirements:
- Be sympathetic with and enthusiastic about the purpose, ethos and goals of SAT-7
- Previous managerial experience in a customer service, marketing or public relations field, and ability to demonstrate flexibility and responsiveness to the needs of the audience.
- Previous experience of working in the television industry or with digital and social media is a strong advantage.
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East or North Africa is a strong advantage
- Fluent in Arabic and English
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural skills
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills
- Strong organisational and administrative skills and ability to build and coordinate with a diverse team of staff
Location: Egypt or Lebanon
To apply for this position, please send your CV along with a cover letter explaining the motivation for your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position you are applying in the subject line of your email. Deadline for applications 12 July 2020.